Did you know that vitamin D plays an important role in bone health? Vitamin D helps support calcium absorption which helps to keep your bones strong. This is just one more reason to make sure you are getting enough vitamin D.
Last week we talked about how to boost your immune system this winter which is why I wanted to talk about the importance of Vitamin D. Vitamin D plays an integral role in immune health so here are some tips on how to get more in your diet.
Tip #1: Vitamin D3 Supplements
Bio-Vitamin D3 from Pharma Nord contains vitamin D3 dissolved in cold-pressed olive oil and encapsulated in small, easy-to-swallow “pearls” of soft gelatine.
Why Pharma Nord Bio-Vitamin D3:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Four available strengths of Vitamin D3, in oil-based capsule form for enhanced absorption.
- Contains a form of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) naturally produced in the skin.
Tip #2: Enjoy Organic Pasture-Raised Eggs
Believe it or not, eggs are a good source of vitamin D. The trick here is to consume the egg yolk and not just the egg white. Try enjoying eggs a couple of times per week to boost your vitamin D intake.
Tip #3: Enjoy Wild Caught Fish
Wild Caught salmon is particularly high in vitamin D. Try adding wild-caught fish to your diet a couple of times per week. The great thing about salmon is that it is also great for reducing inflammation and boosting brain health.
For this week’s challenge, I challenge you to add at least two of these vitamin-D rich foods into your diet.
- Wild-caught salmon
- Organic, pasture-raised eggs (yolk included)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Bonus tip: Get outside and soak up some sun for a few minutes a day. This is a great way to naturally boost your vitamin D.